Saturday, April 17, 2010

3SIXTY5 #10: A Song for Virginia

This is yesterday's collage. The past few installments, I've been working them so late I'm too tired to post the same night. I'll get back on track tonight.

Virginia Woolf is one of those writers whose life was as interesting as her work. The whole Bloomsbury group, and their era, are fascinating. I find that collage and assemblage boxes are ideal for creating art homages, because of the endless variety of materials and juxtapositions available. This piece actually did not start out being about Virginia, so there is really no point to the German book page that is the base of it. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Howdy,
    I am really enjoying the layers and text in this! Your discipline to a collage a day is inspiring.

    Would love for you to stop by to visit my blog when you have a moment or 2.

    Peace,
    LuLu
    www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...