Friday, January 7, 2011

And so begins another year…

"Angel of Light." Christmas 2010
I wish I had had the foresight to put up a post after Christmas that said “Holiday hiatus in effect, see you later!” I didn’t do so, because I had intended to keep up with Collagitation blog throughout the holidays. Next year I’ll know better—or try harder! I have this dilemma, where I still desire to post my own artwork, but, especially during the holidays, I didn’t make the time to do any. So I ended up not posting anything. However, I did take some nice pictures of the decorations in our house, so I’ll use some of those instead.
The arrangement above is situated in a corner of the dining room, which is an interior room with no windows so it is ideal for this type of display. I saw the crystal bowl full of lights and silver ornaments on a Christmas house tour several years ago, then later I found the lovely angel figure (at the Salvation Army store, no less) and I love how she looks hovering over the lit bowl.

My New Year’s Resolution, of course, is to resume regularly making artwork. I wish all of you a happy, productive, prosperous and serene year in 2011!

"Go into yourself and test the depths in which your life takes rise; at its source you will find the answer to the question whether you must create."   Rainer Maria Rilke

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year dear Diane. What a great idea is that beautiful crystal bowl all lit up. It looks fabulous.
    I'm still playing in Elements and pleasing myself!
    Hugs
    June xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...