Monday, March 1, 2010

A Weekend in Photoshop Hell

For many weeks now, I have been attempting to execute a banner for my soon-to-be-opened Collagitation shop on Etsy. This weekend would’ve gone a lot better had I spent those weeks intensively learning Photoshop! In fact, I’ve been puttering around with PS for a several years, and shame on me for admitting that in all that time, I’ve never worked with it systematically or gotten beyond 1% of the basics. Then just last week, Community College of Allegheny County’s adult ed dept. informed me that the PS class I’d signed up for was again cancelled—for the 3rd year in a row! (Do they keep offering it just to taunt me???)


In light of this, I finally realized last night that if I can’t get the banner to look the way I want due to my digital art limitations, for crying out loud, simplify the blasted design for now and get on with it! But no, I spent the better part of 2 precious days trying this, trying that, furiously googling every PS tutorial on the web (or so it seemed) vainly attempting yet again to make sense of Adobe’s own manual… I even blush to say it, but I started fiddling around in MS Paint, for crying out loud, until I realized it would take me months to get anywhere. *SIGH* I remember someone saying once that all artists have at least a little OCD in their personalities. This weekend proved it for me.


So I am taking my own belated advice and doing a simpler banner the old fashioned, scissors and glue method, and scanning it in. Unless…maybe…maybe if I find a simpler digital solution, right?? Where’s my mouse---! Noooooooooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...