Saturday, September 25, 2010

Three Muses Challenge: A Letter for Marie

This week's challenge at Three Muses is to make a decorated envelope. I have done many of these for mail swaps, but this one is a totally digital confection, created on Polyvore. Which I suppose stands as much of a chance of reaching the recipient as a real piece of mail would. Perhaps more?

I am taking a small hiatus from my macabre art. Not that I don't have plenty more of ideas to work up! Especially with Halloween right around the corner. I had quite an adventure at work this week, which I will tell all about soon--and it will definitely put me back in a mood for dark art.

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful letter to Marie! It IS a break from your macabre, and a lovely one at that! Thank you for participating in this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mail Art. Gorgeous!
    Such a change for you Diane but so delicious!
    Hughs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, I can only imagine the delight of the Postie and the recipient as this gorgeous envelope traveled to and then reached its destination. So beautiful and so much of beauty to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had another look Diane..Scrumptious!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This would be a delightful envelope to find on your door mat! Its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a magical envelope, Diane. There is so much to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to design a letter to Marie Antoinette! The imagery is so delightful, and all the postage stamps fit in the collage so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whatever the reason for your hiatus from macabre art, it has given us a mouth-wateringly delicious art envelope which Queen Marie would be proud of. Thanks so much for taking part this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, I always admire those talented persons who contribute every week to so many challenges! I'm afraid I'm often off on my own tangent...but always glad to visit and see what everyone's up to!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...