Thursday, December 16, 2010

Motherhood

I know a couple of women who are deathly afraid of birds. Can you imagine? Did their mothers watch Hitchcocks's "The Birds" too many times during pregnancy? Birds are naturally excellent mothers, as are all members the animal kingdom.

I read an article once years ago, about a woman who was a preacher I think in the 19th c. South, and she was taken to task by male church members for it, who felt it was not a woman's place to try to teach about Christ. She pointed out to them, that only women should teach about Christ, because he was born of a human woman WITHOUT the involvement  any human male! You go, girl! So I think Christmas is as much a celebration of Motherhood and the miracle of birth, as of the coming of a savior.

1 comment:

  1. I love your Renaissance style Madonnas Diane. Your designs are so beautiful. I'm glad you're designing!
    Talking of birds, I knew a woman who was terrified of bird too. My sister-in-law can't bear to touch velvet. Lots of people have phobias and dreams of clowns, I don't care much for them myself either.Then there's spiders, mice, cats and dogs etc.
    Aren't we all funny people with our fears and phobias. Who's to tell where they come from.
    Love and Hugs
    June xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...